[Peace-discuss] Chomsky on vaccines & voting

Brussel, Morton K brussel at illinois.edu
Tue Nov 2 01:25:38 UTC 2021

Listening to Chomsky on this interview was for me painful.  His avoiding of questions involving Venezuela (Guido!)  or Syria (Maté reports) or with of like  Congresswoman Ocasio(?) Ortez was abysmal. (Yes, she did exemplary things on climate policy!). He willfully avoided tough questions put to him on several topics, boasting instead of his own past positions. His lack of objectivity on the behavior of the Democratic party (on militarism/Russia/China, for example) was worse than regretful, his answer being that in view of the Republicans, one has no real choice. I found that to be at best  superficial.

 Most who recorded their opinions of the interview (thumbs up or down) found it disappointing…

—mkb