[Peace-discuss] The Unfriendliest States In America

Szoke, Ron r-szoke at illinois.edu
Wed Nov 24 03:11:13 UTC 2021

MoneyWise
Ranked: The Unfriendliest States In America
Your state might have a reputation for housing the biggest jerks in the U.S.
By Serah Louis
Aug. 13, 2021

18. Illinois
Rudeness score: 46.13
Rudest cities: Chicago
   Nearly 4 percent of Illinois residents are considered rude, says Best Life — and it could be Chicagoans giving the rest of the state a bad rep.
   “Chicago drivers are the worst I've seen. There’s the ole ‘I'm gonna freaking drive in the middle of the street until the very last second then swerve back to my side after you slam on the brakes’ move. It gives me a heart attack every time,” says Killgore-Trout on Reddit.
   There’s even a Chicago diner that pays its staff to be rude to customers — at Ed Debevic’s, servers respond to your orders with insults, but visitors typically go there for the novelty.
—