[Peace-discuss] Democracy Now airing "full CNN reports" now, no mention of US government sanctions or targeting

J.B. Nicholson jbn at forestfield.org
Sat Oct 9 19:04:02 UTC 2021

 From Aaron Maté in https://twitter.com/aaronjmate/status/1446150363686506496
> I wish I could tell the Amy Goodman I once worked for, and learned a lot from,
> that a future Amy Goodman would be approvingly airing *full CNN reports* on
> @democracynow about an African country targeted by the US government.

Democracy Now then "look[ed] at the latest developments with Nima Elbagir,
award-winning senior international correspondent for CNN, and also air her full
report documenting ethnic cleansing." and "We’re going to play the full report now,
courtesy of CNN." in https://www.democracynow.org/2021/10/7/ethiopia

The word "sanction" doesn't appear anywhere in the CNN piece nor in Amy Goodman's
Nima Elbagir interview according to the aforementioned DN transcript.

Look up sanctions yourself on https://sanctionssearch.ofac.treas.gov/ and search for
Country: Ethiopia to see 4 results, 3 of which are linked in the search results list.