[Peace-discuss] Pandora Papers, Frances Haugen are suspicious establishment put-ups

J.B. Nicholson jbn at forestfield.org
Tue Oct 26 04:20:37 UTC 2021

I wrote:
> Haugen is not a whistleblower. You can tell by what she's saying (she wants
> censorship of things she disagrees with; everyone on both sides of that panel
> agree that censorship is fine but they might differ on precisely what to censor)
> and you can tell by how she's treated (Julian Assange, Daniel Hale, and John
> Kiriakou were imprisoned for telling us the truth but Haugen was given the red
> carpet treatment).

Also see the just-released Glenn Greenwald essay on Pierre Omidyar, Haugen's funder
-- https://greenwald.substack.com/p/pierre-omidyars-financing-of-the -- and this is
particularly interesting coming from Greenwald who co-founded another Omidyar media
venture called The Intercept which is now a government narrative repeater which
Greenwald disavows thoroughly (even as TI fraudulently uses Greenwald's image to do
fundraising; yes, a billionaire is asking the public to help foot the bill).
Greenwald's linked essay begins:

> It is completely unsurprising to learn, as Politico reported[1] last Wednesday,
> that the major financial supporter[2] of Facebook "whistleblower" Frances
> Haugen's sprawling P.R. and legal network coordinating her public campaign is the
> billionaire founder of EBay, Pierre Omidyar. The Haugen Show continues today as a
> consortium of carefully cultivated news outlets (including those who have been
> most devoted to agitating for online censorship[3]: the New York Times'
> "tech" unit and NBC News's "disinformation" team) began publishing the trove
> of archives[4] she took from Facebook under the self-important title "The
> Facebook Papers," while the star herself has traveled to London to testify today
> to British lawmakers[5] considering a bill to criminally punish[6] tech companies
> that allow "foul content" or "extremism" — whatever that means — to be
> published.

[1]
https://www.politico.com/news/2021/10/20/tech-billionaire-aiding-facebook-whistleblower-516358
[2]
https://www.politico.com/news/2021/10/20/tech-billionaire-aiding-facebook-whistleblower-516358
[3] https://greenwald.substack.com/p/the-journalistic-tattletale-and-censorship
[4] https://apnews.com/hub/the-facebook-papers
[5] https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/25/business/frances-haugen-facebook.html
[6]
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/boris-johnson-social-media-facebook-google-tough-sentences-b961532.html

Greenwald's essay is well worth reading in its entirety. He goes into great detail
explaining that Omidyar's TI funding wouldn't stop despite hiring journalists that
disagree vehemently with Omidyar's own views. But: