[Peace-discuss] US war in Europe

Mildred O'brien moboct1 at aol.com
Tue Apr 5 15:25:47 UTC 2022

Can't say I'd go as far as Carl if push came to shove, but in that case I'd prefer not to cast a ballot at all than one for Trump and what Trumpists stand for.  Although I deplore all loss of life and suffering of wars, I am of the same mind (but without the evidence) as Gonzalo's Liro's skepticism of MSM's highly publicised Russian "atrocities" and "war crimes" (see Mike Shapiro's recent FB post of Liro's thoughts).
"Richest Nation in the World" and "Most Powerful Nation in the World" are attributes Americans are accustomed (and proud) being described since WW II, but eschatologiciy unrealistic, as U.S. aspirations of global empire draw to a close after this latest encounter with our rival, which is hopefully economic rather than nuclear. Those appellations of U.S. endeavors, a chimeric of the past, will belong to another region of the world for better or worse, if global survival of war and climate disaster are possible, if at all.  Perhaps I/we will not live long enough to see that eventuality.
Born Cynic