[Peace-discuss] Trembling with anticipation?

J.B. Nicholson jbn at forestfield.org
Mon Aug 1 02:41:00 UTC 2022

Szoke, Ron via Peace-discuss wrote:
> BREAKING NEWS ALERT:
> PRESIDENT TRUMP MADE UP HIS MIND ABOUT 2024

"President Joe Biden intends to run for reelection in 2024, White House Press
Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre said on Friday." so begins
https://www.rt.com/news/559868-biden-running-election-2024/

Yet according to
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/jul/28/biden-trump-2024-president-election-poll
"Majorities of American voters do not want Joe Biden or Donald Trump to run in the
next presidential election in 2024, according to a new poll.".

I believe that the next POTUS will likely be either a Democrat or a Republican, which
rep of the oligarchs will get the nod?
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2024/president/us/general-election-trump-vs-biden-7383.html
says that polls currently indicate that between Trump and Biden in 2024, Trump wins.
I'm also of the belief that it really doesn't matter how you vote for POTUS (or if
you vote in that race at all) because the policies aren't all that different. All of
Illinois' electoral votes will go to the Democrat no matter whom that would be.

So perhaps Salon.com's 2019 headline still covers it, "Joe Biden to rich donors:
"Nothing would fundamentally change" if he's elected" from
https://www.salon.com/2019/06/19/joe-biden-to-rich-donors-nothing-would-fundamentally-change-if-hes-elected/
.

It's a while yet to that election. Things can get a lot worse. And real political
action doesn't wait for elections.