[Peace-discuss] Jayapal-DeFazio: "We Will Pass Yemen War Powers Res. by March 25"

Robert Naiman naiman.uiuc at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 16:14:31 UTC 2022

This is *exactly* what War Powers Club wanted from the CPC on Yemen WPR at
this stage: a public commitment to invoke the War Powers Resolution of 1973
to force and win a Congressional floor vote by March 25 [the 7th
anniversary of the unconstitutional war] if Biden has not yet kept his
campaign promise - codified in the Democratic Platform, among other places
- to end the war. Bravo. Mark me down as impressed. It is not the end. But
perhaps it is the beginning of the end.

Please spread this all around, however you like to spread things.

===

"We will not sit by as the Constitution is ignored and the Yemeni people
suffer *seven years* into this *unauthorized war*. If the administration
refuses to act, *Congress will force *them to. *In advance of the seventh
anniversary of this war*, we will work with our colleagues in Congress to *pass
a new Yemen War Powers Resolution to end unconstitutional US participation
in this war*.”

- Why We Intend to Pass a New Yemen War Powers Resolution

Ending unconstitutional US involvement in the war.

By Rep. Pramila Jayapal and Peter DeFazio

*The Nation*

TODAY 9:11 AM

https://www.thenation.com/article/world/yemen-wars-power-resoultion/