[Peace-discuss] Submitted letter to News Gazette

Mildred O'brien moboct1 at aim.com
Wed Mar 16 16:49:41 UTC 2022

Dear David:
Glad to see you back in print (I hope) with a history lesson.  I meant to comment on your last NG letter a while ago but forgot to cut it out and now can't remember what it was about.  But I'm glad you made clear the one-sided US support of Ukraine position (which is almost sedition in this country to criticize, with I suppose now after Zelensky's Congressional manifesto today will be enshrined in the annals of Americana.  I can't watch, listen to or read any public "news" on the matter (especially NPR before classical music program comes on in the morning) without my BP rising.  Allison Weir reports that even photos of Israeli destruction of Gaza and other Palestinian targets are being substituted as "action shots" of Russian attacks on Ukraine!
Now even Senator Durbin is acted in his public address as an "ex-pert" psychologist qualified to make a medical analysis of the mental condition on the "paranoid" madman Putin.
"Our" U.N. Ambassador, Linda Thomas Greenfield said Russia was playing out a scenario put forth in the council last month by Secy State Blinkin [and Nod] that Vladimir Putin would "fabricate allegations about chemical or biological weapons [at least 30 labs] to justify its own violent attacks against the Ukrainian people." (Best to accuse your enemy of your own guilt before you're exposed).  Disclaimer added: "Ukraine does have a network of biological labs funded by the U.S--but are owned and operated by Ukraine (and by the U.S. Defense Threat Reduction Agency)...The labs are not secret," accusing Russia of "disinformation"--calling the skillet black!
Well so much.  I suppose "Uncle Joe" is satisfied to finally have his "bilateral" war (the only negative thing McConnell had to say was "Joe Biden pulled troops out of Afghanistan too soon."  War (in another part of the world will surely boost Biden's sagging poll numbers.
On another front Biden has his political diversity base covered with BLM & other groups such as LGBT+++ representation, with the appointments of Admiral/Dr. (former Richard) Rachel Levine, MD Asst. HHS, and Samuel Brinton, B.S. Kansas State Nuclear Engineering & Vocal Music/MIT M.S. Nuclear Waste Management Engineering to "their" post as Asst. Deputy of Waste Management, LGBT+++ activist and Trevor Project and animal role model advocate.  "They" are in favor of passing regulations to allow the use of spent nuclear waste to energize 'advanced nuclear' projects [weapons??].  Well, that's another way to take care of our nuclear waste disposal dilemma (other than continue to pollute the Columbia River basin or outer space).
Looks like Joe is a virtual shoo in--for as long as he wants to be POTUS!
Midge