[Peace-discuss] RIP: Staughton Lynd

moboct1 at aol.com moboct1 at aol.com
Tue Nov 22 15:34:33 UTC 2022

Subject: Re: RIP: Staughton Lynd

My experience at University of Chicago pre-dated Lynd by some 15 years in late 1950-60s when U. Chicago had a "radical"/liberal reputation, which Francis Boyle said, that was before the era of the Straussian Neo-Con takeover when he was a bachelor degree student.  It is likely that after Lynd relocated from Chicago, where he worked in community activism and labor law to Youngstown Ohio that he influenced the political philosophy of Dennis Kucinich, who grew up in nearby Cleveland in a large working class family and was Cleveland's youngest mayor and 6-term Congressman and anti-war activist.
Midge O'Brien