[Peace-discuss] "TUCKER'

J.B. Nicholson jbn at forestfield.org
Sun Apr 30 20:56:45 UTC 2023

moboct1--- via Peace-discuss wrote:
> IT'S NEVER MENTIONED (OR RECALLED) IN TODAY'S HEADY NEWS ABOUT TUCKER CARLSON AND
> HIS LATE ASSOCIATION WITH FOX NEWS NETWORK THAT TUCKER CUT HIS TEETH AS A TELEVION
> POLITICAL ANALYST ON NATIONAL PUBLIC TELEVION, LIKE HIS FELLOW "CONSERVATIVE"
> WILLIAM F. BUCKLEY (FIRING LINE).
The best read I've seen so far on Tucker Carlson losing his show comes from The Duran
(Alex Christoforou & Alexander Mercouris) in
https://rumble.com/v2kev42-biden-harris-2024.-fox-news-fires-tucker-carlson.html with
the following exceptions:

1. It's not clear that Tucker Carlson was fired. Former Fox news host Megyn Kelly
said (in https://youtube.com/watch?v=WnhwZaZ3qkc in the first minutes) that Carlson
only had his show taken away.

2. Only party bosses have a say in the matter and this is how things have been for
decades.

Here's Bruce Spiva speaking to a court in his official capacity as the DNC
Corporation's lawyer. What Spiva calls "our standard bearer" is what most other
people call the Democratic Party nominee.

> Bruce Spiva: [I]f you had a charity where somebody said, Hey, I’m gonna take this
> money and use it for a specific purpose, X, and they pocketed it and stole the
> money, of course that’s different. But here, where you have a party that’s saying,
> We’re gonna, you know, choose our standard bearer, and we’re gonna follow these
> general rules of the road, which we are voluntarily deciding, we could have — and
> we could have voluntarily decided that, Look, we’re gonna go into back rooms like
> they used to and smoke cigars and pick the candidate that way. That’s not the way
> it was done. But they could have. And that would have also been their right, and
> it would drag the Court well into party politics, internal party politics to
> answer those questions.

Source:
https://newsessentials.wordpress.com/2020/10/01/dnc-to-court-we-are-a-private-corporation-with-no-obligation-to-follow-our-rules/
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/dnc-argues-in-court-we-dont-owe-anyone-a-fair-primary-process