[Peace-discuss] RT: Half of Berlin’s military modernization budget to end up in Washington’s hands

J.B. Nicholson jbn at forestfield.org
Thu Jul 6 23:41:13 UTC 2023

I wrote:
> Where some of the money in the latest American war grift is coming from.

And related to this in regards to the American budget, Glenn Greenwald's show tonight
-- https://rumble.com/v2yi1b6-system-update-111.html -- focuses on how endless war
bankrupts us starting with public services we all care about and eventually need such
as Medicare and Social Security. I've been watching it live and I can already see
that I'll recommend this video for both anti-war purposes and a practical means of
getting money to pay for stuff (as in the "how're you gonna pay for that?" line often
raised when someone suggests social programs but is never raised when a war is
proposed or threatened).

We're paying a lot for this war against Russia via Ukraine over a region of the world
long identified (even by previous Democrats) as of no significant interest to the US.
We could save over a quarter of a trillion dollars by ending American wars of choice.
That's enough to fund anything we want: guaranteed potable water to all American
homes, continuing Social Security & Medicare, maintaining American roads & bridges,
and so much more (including building and/or allocating extant small family homes for
the "homeless living under every bridge" as Jimmy Dore points out). And there are
plenty of jobs to be had in all of these efforts. Other countries seem to understand
the connection that money spent in war is money not spent to improve the
infrastructure of the country (including the improvements in the lives of their
citizens).

What was it that the Students for a Democratic Society said, "everything is connected"?