[Peace-discuss] Tucker Carlson is telling the truth about war and the establishment doesn't like that

J.B. Nicholson jbn at forestfield.org
Thu Jun 8 00:00:30 UTC 2023

Tucker Carlson's twitter.com page
https://twitter.com/TuckerCarlson

Episode 1
https://twitter.com/TuckerCarlson/status/1666203439146172419

He's got around 92.5 million views so far (see attached) and that's after roughly 1
day of his first video being online. He's telling the truth about the proxy war
against Russia via Ukraine. The establishment has no response that sticks. Taylor
Lorenz's response is typical of the establishment response: they're all struggling to
come up with something relevant and biting to say in response to Carlson's video or
the enormous audience Carlson's video is garnering (see attached).

To put Carlson's viewership in perspective, consider recent ratings from other US
cable news:

 From https://fortune.com/2023/03/30/cnn-ratings-tank-chris-licht-new-vision/ in
March 2023 around the time when Tucker Carlson's Fox News show was ended:
https://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/here-are-cable-news-ratings-for-april-2023/529610/
> Despite fierce competition from the NBA Playoffs on TNT and ESPN, the Stanley Cup
> Playoffs on ESPN and TBS, as well as Tucker Carlson‘s highly-publicized exit late
> last month, Fox News maintained its status as the most-watched basic cable
> network both in total day and in primetime.
>
> According to Nielsen live plus same day data for April, FNC averaged 1.29 million
> total day viewers, 2.07 million total primetime viewers and and marked 26
> consecutive months as the top-rated cable news network in total viewers and among
> Adults 25-54.

In other words, FNC at 1.29 million total day viewers and 2.07 million total
primetime viewers is the tops. It only goes down from there.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/business/business-news/joe-rogan-spotify-subscribers-1235134232/
(from April 2022 around the time of his Covid kerfuffle) quoted Joe Rogan saying:

> It’s interesting, my subscriptions went up massively — that’s what’s crazy [...]
> During the height of it all, I gained 2 million subscribers.
I think it's fair and reasonable to say that Joe Rogan and Tucker Carlson are
mainstream viewing. All of the old rules about timeslots (shows must be 30 or 60
minutes long) is wrong. You can have a show of any length. It's what you say that
matters.