[Peace-discuss] New York Times is somewhat willing to return to admitting that the Ukrainian military has a Nazi problem

J.B. Nicholson jbn at forestfield.org
Fri Jun 16 00:38:10 UTC 2023

New York Times Runs Cover for Nazis in Ukraine
https://rumble.com/v2tyscz-new-york-times-runs-cover-for-nazis-in-ukraine.html

Aaron "Buzzsaw" Maté pointing out that the so-called "newspaper of record", the
ever-lying New York Times, is continuing its shift from pointing out that the Azov
battalion is neo-Nazi, sanctioned by the Ukraine military, is now merely "right-wing"
since they're useful to us in the US proxy war against Russia via Ukraine (both
before and after NYT language is attached). We back the Ukrainian military including
the Azov battalion with our billions of dollars in equipment, services, and money.

Lev Golinkin goes into this in his The Nation article ---
https://www.thenation.com/article/world/azov-battalion-neo-nazi/ --- as well. Maté
linked to this article in https://twitter.com/thenation/status/1668294603080974337
and points out:
> What made this overnight normalization of white supremacy possible? In their zeal
> to ignore anything negative about our Ukrainian allies, Western media has decided
> that a neo-Nazi military formation in a war-torn nation had suddenly stopped
> being neo-Nazi.
This neo-Nazi language isn't limited to the NYT. Twitter user MathewMcOry (MatCha 马骁)
in https://twitter.com/MathewMcOry/status/1586242627183120385 posted a picture
showing how western media talked about the Ukrainian military before February 2022
(including BBC, Atlantic Council, CTV, and Bellingcat) where one has no problem
finding references to being neo-Nazi (also attached).