[Peace-discuss] Fwd: Enemy of the State

J.B. Nicholson jbn at forestfield.org
Fri Mar 10 03:29:46 UTC 2023

C. G. Estabrook quoted Scott Ritter who wrote:
> In America, we call what Jackson Hinkle and Keir Simmons do journalism. In
> Ukraine, it is apparently a capital crime.

Relatedly, the Twitter Files coverage on tonight's shows:

Kim Iversen
https://rumble.com/v2cfsuw-house-dems-attack-journalists-over-twitter-files-spymasters-hint-at-war-w-c.html

Glenn Greenwald
https://rumble.com/v2cel4c-system-update-show-52.html

covered the Twitter Files congressional hearings. The Democrats apparently seek to
restrict who can be considered a journalist and they seem quite upset when anyone
challenges the US Government directing Twitter to censor identified Twitter posts and
Twitter user accounts.

About the Myrotvorets (Peacemaker) kill list website[1] at
https://myrotvorets.center/ which Scott Ritter mentioned -- the myrotvorets.center
domain registrar and HTTPS certificate provider is the Internet company Cloudflare
headquartered in San Francisco. Cloudflare provides a number of services related to
hosting a website (including domain registrar service, nameservice, certificate
signing service, and website caching service).

Cloudflare CEO Matthew Prince was quoted in April 2015 as saying:

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/anonymous-opisis-cloudflare-refuses-block-service-pro-isis-websites-1495758
> We're the plumbers of the internet. We make the pipes work but it's not right for
> us to inspect what is or isn't going through the pipes. If companies like ours or
> ISPs (internet service providers) start censoring there would be an uproar. It
> would lead us down a path of internet censors and controls akin to a country like
> China.

By August 2017 Prince's opinion and Cloudflare's policy had changed. He kicked out
neo-Nazi website (and Cloudflare customer) The Daily Stormer:

https://gizmodo.com/cloudflare-ceo-on-terminating-service-to-neo-nazi-site-1797915295
> This was my decision. Our terms of service reserve the right for us to terminate
> users of our network at our sole discretion. My rationale for making this decision
> was simple: the people behind the Daily Stormer are assholes and I’d had enough.
>
> Let me be clear: this was an arbitrary decision. It was different than what I’d
> talked talked with our senior team about yesterday. I woke up this morning in a
> bad mood and decided to kick them off the Internet. I called our legal team and
> told them what we were going to do. I called our Trust & Safety team and had them
> stop the service. It was a decision I could make because I’m the CEO of a major
> Internet infrastructure company.

and

> I realized there was no way we were going to have that conversation with people
> calling us Nazis. The Daily Stormer site was bragging on their bulletin boards
> about how Cloudflare was one of them and that is the opposite of everything we
> believe. That was the tipping point for me.

By September 2022, he changed his mind again claiming that his previous cancellations
(The Daily Stormer & 8Chan whom Prince baselessly called "lawless") might have been
wrong. But Prince also warned that he might continue to make similar decisions:

https://torrentfreak.com/cloudflare-rejects-role-as-internet-or-piracy-police-220901/
> “Just as the telephone company doesn’t terminate your line if you say awful,
> racist, bigoted things, we have concluded in consultation with politicians, policy
> makers, and experts that turning off security services because we think what you
> publish is despicable is the wrong policy.
>
> “To be clear, just because we did it in a limited set of cases before doesn’t mean
> we were right when we did. Or that we will ever do it again,” Prince adds,
> referring to the earlier terminations.

myrotvorets.center domain registrar is Cloudflare. myrotvorets.center is the hostname
for a Ukrainian kill list website. Apparently Cloudflare is fine doing business to
benefit neo-Nazis with an outsized say in the Ukrainian military.

You'll never know where your speech stands with Matthew Prince and Cloudflare. If
they don't like what you have to say, they might terminate your Cloudflare account.
Therefore I recommend that nobody should do business with Cloudflare.

[1] The Grayzone at
https://thegrayzone.com/2022/04/17/traitor-zelensky-assassination-kidnapping-arrest-political-opposition/
described the website as