[Peace-discuss] Jimmy Dore: "Here's The REAL Reason Biden Opposes Ceasefire In Gaza"

J.B. Nicholson jbn at forestfield.org
Thu Nov 23 23:22:30 UTC 2023

Deep in the
https://www.politico.com/news/2023/11/21/biden-hostage-israel-hamas-war-00128351
article you'll find:
> And there was some concern in the administration about an unintended consequence
> of the pause: that it would allow journalists broader access to Gaza and the
> opportunity to further illuminate the devastation there and turn public opinion on
> Israel.

Jimmy Dore covered this in
https://rumble.com/v3xdz49-heres-the-real-reason-biden-opposes-ceasefire-in-gaza.html .

I think that public opinion globally has turned against Israel. The sheer
one-sidedness of it all (literally billions of our dollars fuel this conflict), that
half of Gazans are children (which guts the Osama bin Laden-esque argument that
people who vote for leaders who do bad things are as culpable as the leaders who make
the real decisions), and the policy of denying basics needed to live (food, potable
water, fuel, electricity) are all pushing people to learn how Gazans lived prior to
October 7, 2023. I think that Israel has lost whatever favor they had with so many
people, including American Jews who have been protesting, and in large numbers,
Israel's attacks.

Could the (now) long-term low ratings for media be a factor in this too? What does
the future look like for media outlets and their shills with millions of dollars
behind them when their audience rejects what they're hearing/seeing or ignores their
stories?