[Peace-discuss] Recommended videos

J.B. Nicholson jbn at forestfield.org
Wed Oct 4 05:07:58 UTC 2023

Some videos I've seen recently which I recommend seeing:

Grayzone
- (on Rokfin.com, unfortunately I wasn't able to get the URL because of a network
issue on their site at the time I wrote this) Excellent discussion from Max
Blumenthal about the recent Canadian Parliament applauding a Nazi including
commenting on PM Trudeau's apologizing to the 2SLGBTIA+ community -- the rainbow
crowd is being mentioned to serve its useful function for the elites to distract
attention away from real responsibility and as a means to make it look like authority
has a good read on what's ethical when (as we've seen with recent war-making bodies
advertising to the same crowd) they're being used to commit crimes and kill.

Glenn Greenwald
- https://rumble.com/v3miab1-system-update-show-153.html has a good take on the value
of free speech and increasing despotism in Canada. According to former Canadian
lawyer David Freiheit in
https://rumble.com/v3ma7ps-canadian-parliament-applauds-waffen-ss-veteran-trudeau-govt-an-absolute-dis.html
(an episode of Going Underground with Afshin Rattansi) Canada ostensibly has
something like an American 1st Amendment guaranteeing freedom of speech but the
Canadian version is apparently not enforced.

Kim Iversen
- https://rumble.com/v3msm41-october-3-2023.html is her most recent show in which she
interviews Dennis Kucinich who is Robert F. Kennedy Jr.'s campaign manager. The rumor
is that RFK Jr. will cease trying to gain the favor of the DNC corporation (which has
clearly announced their standards bearer to be Joe Biden) and will run for POTUS as
an independent candidate. We'll know if this is true from RFK Jr. next week. I find
this interesting because, in my view, this means RFK Jr. will go from not really
running for US President (he would have appeared on zero ballots) to running (maybe
he'll appear on some ballots).

Late in this interview Kucinich says that we ought not ignore party primaries. As you
all know, the DNC lawyer Bruce Spiva successfully got a lawsuit from disaffected
Bernie Sanders supporters to be dismissed out of court by arguing that corporations
have the freedom to choose their own "standards bearer" (Spiva's term for candidate
for elective office) and that means they could choose their standards bearer in
private with no input from anyone they didn't want to hear from. This means that
primaries are not legally required and therefore primaries (and all of the voting
shenanigans that go along with them) are theater. In other words, Kucinich is flatly
wrong and likely telling us to engage with primaries out of apparent loyalty to the
DNC corporation ('Democratic Party').

But it also means that RFK Jr. and Dr. Cornel West (running with the Green
corporation) share a problem: they both have campaigns headed up by people who are
apparently loyal to the Democrats. As such I see no reason to take either of their
campaigns seriously. I'm sure that both Kennedy & West have interesting and agreeable
things to say, but in a political race strategy matters. A campaign manager with
clear loyalties from the corporation/political party which both West & Kennedy claim
to provide a clear alternative to is a declaration that opposing the Democrats is not
high on either candidate's agenda.