[Peace-discuss] Sen. Sanders' staff have pro-Ukranian peace activists arrested, recent events in US history of support of Nazism

J.B. Nicholson jbn at forestfield.org
Sat Oct 7 23:18:14 UTC 2023

Quoting https://twitter.com/HotSpotHotSpot/status/1709619195338428711
> Senator Sanders’ staff have activists arrested for protesting his support for
> sending more weapons to Ukraine.
There is also a video of two of the activists being arrested and taken away in an
elevator.

Fiorella Isabel in https://twitter.com/FiorellaIsabelM/status/1709623151569621463 and
https://nitter.unixfox.eu/FiorellaIsabelM/status/1709624212099314021 replied:
> How far from the “revolutionary” that once went to the Soviet Union! Sanders isn’t
> just a disgrace to his supporters but a warmonger posing as an anti-war hero,
> arresting activists for simply wanting to stop arming NEO-NAZIS using depleted
> uranium & illegal weapons on civilians. >
> I once supported Sanders as did many of those angrily calling him out now. I feel
> such regret & infuriating disappointment with how the people have 0 friends in DC,
> but that’s no surprise at this point. The American rot is too far gone to ever be
> reformed. It’s gotta all go.
She also recently wrote an op-ed for RT a little over a week ago -- "Nazis for Biden:
How Washington weaponizes radicals for its political goals" --
https://www.rt.com/news/583704-nazis-biden-us-weaponizes/ in which she reminds us that:

> [...] multiple groups of neo-Nazis[1] consisting of the Aryan Freedom Network, Order
> of the Black Sun, the 14 First, the Goyim Defense League, and Blood Tribe, were
> recently spotted around the area, exercising their First Amendment right, chanting
> hateful slogans and proudly boasting their White Supremacist tattoos for all to
> see.
>
> The protestors claimed to support Ron DeSantis, the current governor of Florida
> who’s also running for president. Present was Kent “Boneface” McLellan, a neo-Nazi
> who reportedly gave information on others in his group after being arrested in an
> FBI sting in 2012 for domestic terrorism. He claims he went to Ukraine after the
> US-backed Maidan coup of 2014, to join the Right Sector ultranationalist group in
> the new Kiev authorities’ war against the dissenting republics of the Donbass. He
> then returned to the country in 2022, when the Russian military operation started,
> to join the neo-Nazi Azov Battalion, and said it was not the FBI that helped him
> get involved, but the CIA.
>
> While American politicians and establishment media were appalled by the Orlando
> neo-Nazis’ display of hate, Blood Tribe leader and former US marine tied to the
> January 6th Capitol Hill riots, Christopher Pohlhaus[2], also known as “Hammer,”
> professed why he preferred Joe Biden[3] to Donald Trump in next year’s 2024
> Presidential election. He proclaimed that at least “Biden sends rockets to
> Ukraine.” This highlights what the US media and Washington have consistently tried
> to bury since February of 2022: That Ukraine has a huge Nazi problem and that the
> US and its intelligence agency apparatus have historically not only been aware of
> it, but stand determined to train, advise, and weaponize these factions to achieve
> certain political goals.

[1] https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna103186
[2] https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2023/09/04/bfpk-s04.html
[3]
https://www.azerbaycan24.com/en/blood-tribe-leader-comes-out-in-support-of-biden-for-2024/

In addition to Isabel's informative article, I remind you that our relationship with
Nazism goes further -- part of our apparent support for Ukraine includes supporting
the https://myrotvorets.center/ website which is an infamous kill list website. The
CIA-controlled Wikipedia article (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mirotvorets) says
Myrotvorets or Mirotvorets are Ukrainian for "Peacemaker".

Current whois data for myrotvorets.center tells us that the domain registrar (the
party who sold the owner the domain name) and authoritative DNS service are hosted at
Cloudflare:

Name Server: brad.ns.cloudflare.com
Name Server: lila.ns.cloudflare.com

Cloudflare has an on-again/off-again relationship with neo-Nazis. Cloudflare hosted
The Daily Stormer's website caching (The Daily Stormer was said, by Cloudflare, to be
a neo-Nazi publication), then Cloudflare CEO Matthew Prince was quoted in April 2015
as saying
(http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/anonymous-opisis-cloudflare-refuses-block-service-pro-isis-websites-1495758):
> We're the plumbers of the internet. We make the pipes work but it's not right for
> us to inspect what is or isn't going through the pipes. If companies like ours or
> ISPs (internet service providers) start censoring there would be an uproar. It
> would lead us down a path of internet censors and controls akin to a country like
> China.
By August 2017 Prince's opinion and Cloudflare's policy had changed. He kicked out
neo-Nazi website (and Cloudflare customer) The Daily Stormer:

https://gizmodo.com/cloudflare-ceo-on-terminating-service-to-neo-nazi-site-1797915295
> This was my decision. Our terms of service reserve the right for us to terminate
> users of our network at our sole discretion. My rationale for making this
> decision was simple: the people behind the Daily Stormer are assholes and I’d had
> enough.
>
> Let me be clear: this was an arbitrary decision. It was different than what I’d
> talked talked with our senior team about yesterday. I woke up this morning in a
> bad mood and decided to kick them off the Internet. I called our legal team and
> told them what we were going to do. I called our Trust & Safety team and had them
> stop the service. It was a decision I could make because I’m the CEO of a major
> Internet infrastructure company.
and

> I realized there was no way we were going to have that conversation with people
> calling us Nazis. The Daily Stormer site was bragging on their bulletin boards
> about how Cloudflare was one of them and that is the opposite of everything we
> believe. That was the tipping point for me.
By September 2022, Matthew Prince changed his mind again claiming that his previous
cancellations (The Daily Stormer & 8Chan whom Prince baselessly called "lawless")
might have been wrong. But Prince also warned that he might continue to make similar
decisions:

https://torrentfreak.com/cloudflare-rejects-role-as-internet-or-piracy-police-220901/