[Peace-discuss] Consortium News points out what a sham the Greens are

J.B. Nicholson jbn at forestfield.org
Wed Oct 25 01:26:51 UTC 2023

GLOBAL GREENS: WAR OR PEACE? CN Live! S5E12
https://youtube.com/watch?v=Rstxk5bmhuw

Also with Diana Johnstone, who I know has some fans reading this mailing list. Her
interview starts at 51m36s.

Within 20 years of their founding the Greens became pro-war, as Joe Lauria points
out. Today the Greens are pro-war too, supporting the NATO proxy war against Russia
via Ukraine. The largest Green Party is in Germany under the neo-con Annalena Baerbock.

In the US, the Greens had recently selected (absent any primary election as far as I
know) Dr. Cornel West as their candidate for POTUS. Dr. West later dropped that
party, choosing to run as an independent candidate and making his candidacy even more
difficult (one of many of his decisions that convince me he's intentionally no threat
to the Democrats). I don't see Dr. West getting on enough ballots in enough states to
even theoretically win. I think he knows that and I think that he's fine with that
because that choice further reduces his threat to the Democrats. The only thing he
can do to stop being any kind of threat to the Democrats is drop out and endorse Joe
Biden, which is probably coming. I sincerely believe that the Greens in the US are
simply controlled opposition for the Democrats and not to be taken seriously.