[Peace-discuss] Articles, videos, and interviews of interest from interesting people

J.B. Nicholson jbn at forestfield.org
Fri Sep 1 23:45:57 UTC 2023

John Mearsheimer
https://www.aljazeera.com/program/the-bottom-line/2023/7/13/why-ukraine-wont-be-joining-nato-anytime-soon
https://rumble.com/v2x7via-system-update-show-109.html
(French)
https://mearsheimer.substack.com/api/v1/file/f197869a-ea31-465b-8b99-eca9f544848d.pdf

Mearsheimer will post the English version of the French article to
https://mearsheimer.substack.com/p/le-monde-diplomatique-article-and when that is ready.

BRICS talk

CGTV
https://youtube.com/watch?v=a9dFES6fX54 -- The Point: What's the point of BRICS?

Recent Sputnik articles by Pepe Escobar
https://sputnikglobe.com/20230831/pepe-escobar-does-brics-need-its-own-currency-1113013286.html
https://sputnikglobe.com/20230825/pepe-escobar-brics-11---strategic-tour-de-force-1112882830.html

Pepe Escobar's Sputnik articles
https://sputnikglobe.com/author_pepe_escobar/

Funding Ukraine war while Americans die and lose their homes

How Much Do Mercenaries Make in Ukraine?
https://sputnikglobe.com/20230901/how-much-do-mercenaries-earn-in-ukraine-1113054978.html
> The Russian military has reported a major uptick in Ukraine’s recruitment of
> foreign mercenaries. Estimates on just how much these ‘soldiers of fortune’ get
> paid vary wildly, from less than $1,000 a month to $2,000 per day. Sputnik did a
> little digging and spoke to a pair of veteran military experts to try to get to
> the bottom of things.

It's highly likely that we're paying for this; Illinois' own Tammy Duckworth is
currently busy holding up aid for Americans in need (including victims of the recent
Maui fires and Florida flooding) contingent on more spending for Ukraine. This is
being covered in https://rumble.com/v3dyflm-system-update-show-141.html live as I
write this.

The Duran
https://rumble.com/v3dww1c-the-us-bankrupting-itself-on-wars-w-ron-paul-alexander-mercouris-and-glenn-.html
--  The US Bankrupting Itself on Wars -w/ Ron Paul, Alexander Mercouris & Glenn Diesen
https://rumble.com/v3bhc5c-us-policy-slowing-down-chinas-economy-w-jeffrey-sachs-live.html
--  US policy slowing down China's economy w/ Jeffrey Sachs (Live)

Glenn Greenwald
https://rumble.com/v3dyflm-system-update-show-141.html --  LIVE - Sen. Tammy
Duckworth (D-IL) Lets Americans Drown and Burn Unless Ukraine Gets More Money, Plus:
Leading Establishment Critic Jeffrey Sachs on Ukraine, Taiwan, BRICS, and more |
SYSTEM UPDATE #141

-J