[Peace-discuss] Best response to Sen. Diane Feinstein's death from Scott Ritter

Robert Naiman naiman.uiuc at gmail.com
Sat Sep 30 17:51:49 UTC 2023

Thanks for sharing this. It should be noted that every Member of Congress
who voted for the war committed basically the same crime as Dianne
Feinstein. Every Member of Congress has access to classified U.S.
intelligence. Feinstein's responsibility was greater because she served on
the Senate Intelligence Committee. Even if Scott Ritter had never existed,
even if he had never tried to do anything, her responsibility would be
about the same. Dick Durbin, who voted against the war, later gave a speech
on the Senate floor saying that as a Member of the Senate Intelligence
Committee, he knew at the time of the vote that the Bush Administration's
public case for war did not match the U.S. intelligence he was seeing as a
member of the Intelligence Committee. If Dick Durbin knew that, then every
member of the Senate Intelligence Committee knew that. And of course, any
Senator knew that if they wanted to know it - they could have just asked
Dick Durbin, and he would have told them. So it's basically true of all of
them.