[Peace] P4P Our Job Is Not Over

Ricky Baldwin baldwinricky at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 11 07:30:02 CDT 2003

PROSPECT FOR PEACE
Sat., April 12, 2003
2-4 pm on N Prospect & Marketview

BECAUSE OUR JOB IS NOT OVER…

NO MORE WAR.  An article on the Reuters newswire
yesterday begins, “Emboldened by the U.S. military's
apparent quick rout of Iraqi forces, conservative
hawks in America are setting their sights on regime
change in Iran and Syria,” (April 10, 2003).

OCCUPATION IS NOT LIBERATION.  US forces are still
bogged down in Afghanistan, taking casualties and
propping up “our man,” while the civilians there still
suffer.  Iraq is facing a humanitarian disaster while
the US engages in “nation building” without UN
supervision.  And they never did find that “smoking
gun”.

NATIONAL DEMONSTRATIONS are taking place this
Saturday, and we are the local angle.  This is when we
usually get the most news coverage, so we need
numbers.  The pro-war counter-demonstrators are still
calling Bush supporters out – probably because they
understand that “winning the propaganda war” is the
first step in the next military attack, bombing,
invasion, regime change…

But this time we have an unprecedented international
network already in place, hundreds of new local
contacts, and a viable message squeezed out even in
the mainstream media.  We just need to use it!