[Peace] Homosocial Fundraiser 2/1 at Clark Bar 8p-10

Lori Serb lserb at uigeo.org
Mon Feb 1 10:23:44 CST 2010

Hi all, please help me spread the word about these upcoming events!

Lori

The LGBTQA Caucus of the Graduate Employees Organization is hosting a
Homosocial Fundraiser with Uniting Pride (for a new lgbt community
center) on Monday, Feb. 1st at the Clark Bar from 8p-10p. We're asking
for $2 at the door - however, if you donate $10 or more, you'll have a
chance to win special prizes.

This event will be followed on Tuesday Feb 2nd by a free documentary
film screening of "Out in the Slience" and Q & A with filmmaker Dean
Hamer. This is a free event in co-sponsorship with the LGBT Resource
Center that will happen at the Rainbow Coffeehouse in the Wesley
United Methodist Church (Goodwin and Green in Urbana).

Out in the Silence
Film screening and discussion with filmmaker Dean Hamer
Tuesday, February 2, 2010 . 7pm
Etc Café, Wesley Foundation, Corner of Goodwin and Green, Urbana
Following the story of a small American town confronting a firestorm
of controversy ignited by a same-sex wedding announcement in the local
newspaper, this gripping documentary illustrates the challenges of
being an outsider in a conservative rural community and the change
that is possible when courageous people break the silence and search
for common ground.

believed to be clean.