[Peace] Red Herring Coffeehouse events / vegetarian

Karen Medina kmedina67 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 28 15:07:04 CST 2010

[not directly peace related, but might be of interest to the
vegetarians on the peace list]

sundays, 6:30 pm
Red Herring Meal Share
in the red herring vegetarian restaurant
Every Sunday at 6:30 pm, we will be hosting a potluck dinner and meal
swap combined.

Everyone knows what a potluck is but some of you may not have heard of
meal swaps.
To swap meals, we each cook a large portion of one thing, divide it
out into meal-sized portions (think 6-8 portions of 2-3 cups or a 9 x
13 casserole cut in 8 pieces), come to the Red Herring on Sundays, and
trade food.  This way we get a week of tasty homemade food with
minimal effort and without having to eat the same thing every day!  To
make things simple, we request that folks bring vegetarian food.  You
are welcome to come and trade food and leave or stay and enjoy the
potluck at the Red Herring.  However, if you intend to swap, please
bring your own containers.  We hope to see you there!

Red Herring Coffeehouse
fridays and saturdays:  8 pm to 1 am
sunday open stage: 7:30-10 pm
Started in 1967, the Red Herring Coffeehouse has been one of our
longest running programs here at Channing Murray Foundation.  By
creating a sharing community where any age, religion, race, style,
gender, or sexual preference are welcome, the Red Herring Coffeehouse
aims to create a diverse and open atmosphere.  Stop by for chili, soup
of the day, baked goods, snacks, soft drinks, fair trade organic
coffee, music, performance art, and conversation with friends.  We are
seeking to create a rich multimedia experience, so please plan on
joining us with your paintings, poetry, prose, comedy, and music!

serving vegetarian lunches
Red Herring Vegetarian Restaurant
monday-friday from 11 to 3
The Red Herring Vegetarian Restaurant has been serving the
Urbana-Champaign community for over thirty years. It was started by
the Channing-Murray Foundation as a way to put Unitarian-Universalist
principles into action.  The restaurant is non-profit, so all the
money we make goes back into making the restaurant better for our
cooks and customers by keeping our prices accessible to folks trying
to live a healthy vegetarian lifestyle. The Red Herring serves lunch
five days a week from 11am-3pm when U of I is in session.  Remember
that we love volunteers! Hungry? One hour of work equals one free
meal!

monday, october 25
Krishna Karma-Free Dinner
$-5 all-you-can-eat vegetarian dinner
The menu for Monday, October 25th will consist of rice, split mung
dal, vegetable medley, diamond bread, oat bar.  Dinner is served from
5:30 7:30 pm in the Red Herring Vegetarian Restaurant.  Come join us!

The Red Herring is downstairs at the Channing-Murray Foundation
1209 West Oregon, Urbana, Illinois

=======
Channing Murray Foundation Office
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday 11:30-4:30, or by appointment
Call us at 217.344.1176