[Peace] [Peace-discuss] Chomsky on vaccines & voting

J.B. Nicholson jbn at forestfield.org
Tue Nov 2 00:37:40 UTC 2021

C. G. Estabrook via Peace-discuss wrote:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzWcP2b4uZ4

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Cc_neyVp-rI has just the vaccine mandate section of that
interview.

Jimmy Dore is really doing well on this topic. For responses, please watch:

Jimmy Dore Show
https://youtube.com/watch?v=IpEch0McjZ0 -- ""Isolate Unvaxxed From Society" says Noam
Chomsky"
https://youtube.com/watch?v=zYkbIf27Gqs -- "Vaxxed Just As Likely To Spread Covid As
Unvaxxed - New Study"

Full Primo Radical interview of Jimmy Dore
https://youtube.com/watch?v=wB0a0DrgbdE

Bloomberg.com
(https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-10-28/getting-vaccinated-doesn-t-stop-people-from-spreading-delta)
has been publishing about a recent study:

> People inoculated against Covid-19 are just as likely to spread the delta variant
> of the virus to contacts in their household as those who haven’t had shots,
> according to new research.
>
> In a yearlong study of 621 people in the U.K. with mild Covid-19, scientists found
> that their peak viral load was similar regardless of vaccination status, according
> to a paper published Thursday in The Lancet Infectious Diseases medical journal.
> The analysis also found that 25% of vaccinated household contacts still contracted
> the disease from an index case, while 38% of those who hadn’t had shots became
> infected.

This significantly undermines Chomsky's view that the unvaccinated are "killers".
Even the CDC Director publicly recognizes that "Covid-19 vaccines no longer prevent
transmission" according to CNN.

As I type this Jimmy Dore is live (https://youtube.com/watch?v=ECD7d8tC_4Q) with
Prof. Richard Wolff on the class fight going on now which involves Covid-19 mandates.
Dore was just talking about the flip-flopping liberals (ACLU, Joe Biden, Nancy
Pelosi) going from objecting to a vaccine mandate to supporting a mandate, or vaccine
passport (which disallows access to the unvaccinated). Chomsky seemed supportive of
mandates as well based on his misframing (comparing vaccine hesitancy/rejection to
objecting to traffic lights) and misinformation (unvaccinated are "killers").

 From what we can tell, we will not vaccinate our way out of this pandemic. Even if
we could magically vaccinate all people, we'd all pass around Covid. Vaccinating
everyone is to be avoided because it will make worse Covid variants that we can't
defend ourselves from (much like superbugs arise in fully-vaccinated commercial
chicken coops, as Dr. Malone points out in the interview I cite below). We should
vaccinate the vulnerable -- elderly and those with co-morbidities. But we see vaccine
mandates for children and healthy adults (like Joe Rogan and Bill Mahr who have both
survived Covid and question getting vaccinated with "booster" shots). See Jimmy
Dore's interview with Dr. Robert Malone (mRNA technology inventor) for more
(https://yewtu.be/watch?v=iwPKnOhJRYg). The interview further undermines so much of
what Chomsky's views on this topic.

Covid-19 will become endemic (more widespread, less deadly). So if you're vulnerable
(elderly, have co-morbidities) and you fear Covid you could get vaccinated and reduce
the odds you'll be hospitalized or die. But no vaccine you can get will make you safe
from Covid. If you've had Covid and lived, you likely possess superior antibodies to
what any vaccine could give you hence you could well be unvaccinated and be better
suited to cope than the vaccinated.

I don't agree with the logic of 'any Blue will do', but that's another topic. Chomsky
doesn't agree with that specific wording, but he uses other poor logic to arrive at
the same conclusion I disagree with -- keep voting Democratic Party.

-J