[Peace] film / Nov 13, 2022; 6pm / "10,000 Black Men Named George" / GEO Solidarity Committee / at the IMC

Karen Medina kmedina67 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 21:45:31 UTC 2022

The GEO Solidarity Committee is hosting a screening of "10,000 Black
Men Named George" on November 13, 2022 at 6 pm at the Urbana-Champaign
Independent Media Center / 202 S. Broadway, Urbana. This film tells
the story of civil rights activist and union organizer A. Phillip
Randolph and his efforts at forming the Brotherhood of Sleeping Car
Porters, the first union led by African Americans to be chartered by
the American Federation of Labor AFL. We will follow the screening
with a critical discussion about the ongoing fight for racial justice
and the role of unionization in this struggle. Of course, doing this
will be so much better if we are joined by a wide and diverse group of
social justice organizations in the area. So, we are inviting you! We
will have pizza, snacks, and socializing. Please spread the word.