[Peace] Ring video doorbell as reality tv/ Surveillance Fwd: [MJ Exchange] Sign On Request: Joint Letter to Cancel Ring Nation

kmedina67 kmedina67 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 18:38:23 UTC 2022

Hi Peace list, This is an action item that I think AWARE and other groups might be interested in signing on to. See the letter and issue in the forwarded email below. MediaJustice, the folks who put out this call and wrote the letter, is amazing in general, and i am especially concerned with people's acceptance of surveillance and participation in surveillance.  For Discussion ... then respond to peace- discuss. For action ... then feel free to forward to you social action groups. Sincerely, Karen Medina
-------- Original message --------From: Myaisha Hayes <myaisha at mediajustice.org> Date: 9/8/22  12:19  (GMT-06:00)Subject: [MJ Exchange] Sign On Request: Joint Letter to Cancel Ring Nation Greetings MediaJustice Network!MediaJustice and Fight for the Future are launching a joint letter calling on Amazon-owned MGM to cancel Ring Nation. Premiering Sept 26th, Ring Nation is a reality tv show that airs footage from people’s Ring surveillance cameras.This show attempts to normalize and put a friendly face on Amazon Ring's neighborhood surveillance network. We know Ring is anything but safe and friendly. For years, we've been sounding the alarm about the dangers associated with Ring and the accompanying Neighbors app, especially for Black and brown communities.We're asking organizations to sign on to our letter - click here to review the letter. Please feel free to email me (or Danny) if you have any questions or feedback.  To sign on, click here to use our form. Please sign on by COB, Wednesday, September 14th. Thank you in advance for your support! Myaisha Hayes -- Myaisha Hayes MediaJustice | mediajustice.orgCampaign Strategies Directorshe/her