[Peace] Mutual aid for Beth Simpson

Go Beth Simpson go.beth.simpson at gmail.com
Fri Aug 25 19:00:00 UTC 2023

Dear friend of Beth Simpson,

(No time to read this? Go to https://ko-fi.com/elizacorps
<https://ko-fi.com/elizacorps)> and support our friend!)

We might not know each other, but we share our love of Beth. Since her
stroke, I've been moved and inspired by the many amazing ways her community
has stepped up to support her.

In February, Beth was accepted at the Shirley Ryan Ability Lab
<https://www.sralab.org/> (https://www.sralab.org/) in Chicago. Starting
next week she will go to Chicago for three days a week for four weeks of
initial treatments. After that, she’ll get reevaluated for continued
treatments. Yay! Stay tuned!

This is a massively huge deal for Beth's continued recovery, and she is
hyped! But it also means she could use your help to cover some costs if
you're able. You can send her some money on her Ko-Fi page:
https://ko-fi.com/elizacorps. Any amount that feels right will help.

I love that instead of just sending the word out through social media, Beth
has asked folks like me to email her friends personally. That creative,
grassroots, DIY approach to crowdfunding, so much more intimate than the
paths corporations beat for us, is one more beautiful example of what Beth
is all about.

So let's support her! I just made a contribution. It took less than two
minutes. At the link above (https://ko-fi.com/elizacorps), you can make a
one-time gift, or if you'd like to help ensure that support continues until
she's out of need again, you can set up a monthly donation.

In either case, if you do contribute, please write back to tell me!

Thanks so much,

Chris Ritzo, who knows Beth from the Urbana-Champaign IMC