[PeoplesPotluck] Immigration Reform Rally!

Celeste Larkin celeste.larkin at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 21:37:51 CST 2009

Wednesday, December 9th at 6:30 PM, in the Foellinger Auditorium, the IDream
Coalition will be hosting the *D.R.E.A.M. Act/Immigration Reform Rally*!  At
the rally, we will be calling upon our legislators, community and university
to support Immigration Reform that helps undocumented students gain
citizenship through higher education.

*So what's the rally all about?  *
-Come to *learn* about past and present immigration legislation such as:

   - Plyer v. Doe
   - Gutierrez/Immigration Bill
   - HB 60
   - DREAM Act

Inform yourself about our country's immigration laws!

-Come to see different U of I student organizations speaking about how the
immigration debate relates to them and *why we should **ALL** care!*

-Come to witness testimonials from undocumented students who have *shared
their struggle* and personal immigration stories.

-Come to find out how you can *get involved* in future movements for human
rights and immigration reform.

So come, learn, witness, and show your support for those thousands of
undocumented students--because a few minutes of your time could change
someone's life forever!