[rfu-automation] Fwd: Keeping the automation computer out of the studio

Joe Futrelle futrelle at shout.net
Fri Jun 30 10:33:04 CDT 2006

Hi Gary, thanks, this solution would help address my security
concerns and the concern I share with you that untrained people in
the studio might make mistakes while working with Zara and other
automation-related software on the machine if it was in the studio.

The duplication of files can happen automatically, overnight, so that
every morning the studio computer and automation computer will sync
up on content. But the automation playlists will not get synced up,
so airshifters won't be able to use the studio computer to change the
automation playlists or control the Zara instance running on the
automation machine. We can use rsync or any of a number of free
software tools to move the files back and forth. We can't sync iTunes
playlists automatically AFAIK so we'll need to use iTunes's remote
access capabilities to share the iTunes playlist from the automation
machine to the studio (aren't we already doing this?)

If lack of hardware is a problem I've got a machine that I'd be happy
to donate.

--
Joe Futrelle
Person