[rfu-automation] changing automation/dj software...

dan blah dan.blah at gmail.com
Sat Nov 25 00:16:08 CST 2006

with the addition of streaming, we will be having to add a new
computer to the rfu mix.  i was thinking this might be a good time
stir up the automation/dc software question.  i have been looking at
campware's campcaster application
(http://www.campware.org/en/camp/campcaster_news/605/).  it seems to
have everything we need and are wanting while using open source
software and running within and open source operating system (linux).
below are some key features:
--A free and Open Source professional-grade solution for radio
broadcast management
--Support for open standards for audio formats and multi-lingual
metadata information (playlists, XML news feeds, file storage)
--Remote control of radio stations (web based)
--Support for combined local broadcasts with centralized news and programs

i have attached a quick image showing how wrfu'ers and listens would
interact with the system as i would like to see it.
--
Daniel