[rfu-automation] Automation computer problems

Gary Cziko g-cziko at uiuc.edu
Sun Apr 15 07:16:22 CDT 2007

Dan et al.:

The automation was off again this morning at 6 am. I came over to the studio
and found ZaraRadio had crashed again. As Dan had suggested, I did a
reinstall of the program and got it going again. We'll see if the re-install
makes any difference.

On another matter, I have noticed some jostling on the table on the west
wall of the production room. This is where the automation computer and the
printer for the EAS are located, in the SW corner. Last week the automation
computer monitor and keyboard had been shoved into the corner and its mouse
removed and connected to an iMac which had appeared in its place. I put the
mouse back where it belonged and arranged things so that both the "new"
iMac and automation computer were accessible.

This morning the EAS printer had been pushed almost off the table and its
paper feed disconnected.  I put the printer back in a less precarious
position and re-attached the paper feed (it's been a long time since I've
played with traction-feed printers, so I hope I did this correctly). The
ribbon on this printer needs to be changed as the printing is close to
unreadable.

The people using the production room, particularly the west table, need to
know the importance of respecting the automation computer and the EAS
printer. Any ideas on how to do this?

--Gary