[rfu-automation] Public Service Announcement

Aaron Patrick Smith redherng at shout.net
Wed Feb 21 01:55:00 CST 2007

PLEASE ANNOUNCE
February 8th – February 22nd, 2006

Public Service Announcement

On Thursday, February 22nd, the Illinois Disciples Foundation’s Human
Rights Film Series brings to Champaign-Urbana the documentary, “Declining
By Degrees: Higher Education at Risk.”  At a time when a college education
is vital to an individual's future and our nation's economic standing in
the world, "Declining By Degrees: Higher Education at Risk," explores the
simple yet significant question: What happens between admission and
graduation? The answer: often not enough.  As Lara Couturier, a higher
education consultant, explains, "There's been report after report and
commission after commission formed of business leaders who are calling out
to higher education and saying 'We need to change the system. We are not
satisfied with the level of skills that our employees are showing up
with.'"  The showing will begin at 7pm at the IDF, located at the NW
corner of Springfield and Wright St. in Champaign. A facilitated
discussion will follow the film.  The event is free and open to the
public. For more information, please call the IDF at (217)-352-8721 or
check out the website at www.prairienet.org/idf.