[rfu-automation] [Rfu-station] Streaming server move, new old monitor, CD1 fixed, and a couple other things...

rfu-station at lists.chambana.net rfu-station at lists.chambana.net
Tue Mar 27 09:11:58 CDT 2007

Hey all,
Yesterday I moved the streaming server into the studio from the tech
space upstairs.

I removed the old LCD monitor as it was functioning intermittently at
best and replaced it with a CRT.

Also, I somewhat cleaned up the cable mess that was hanging around
under the table and fixed CD1 or which ever one was broke.  I am
guessing that someone else saw what I had which was a bad RCA cable
coming from CD1 allowing audio from only the right channel.  Replacing
the cable fixed it right up.  In the process I removed some unused
cable and the old CD1 putting them in the cabinet behind the door.

The streaming server seems to be having an issue where it fails to
pass several packets (data containing the audio stream) ever few
seconds.  This problem is singular to the streaming server and will
likely require me to swap out the network card with a newer more
supported one.  I will try and get to this today sometime.

Lastly, I noticed that the serial communications cable that connects
to the limiter upstairs had been seemingly disconnected.  I
reconnected this and tied both the transmitter and limiter connectors
together allowing interested members easier ability to switch between
them (as someone during the last redesign chose to use a computer with
only one serial connector).

Anyone know where the limiter and transmitter software is located?  I
would like to try and get it installed on the streaming server as it
has two serial interfaces.

--
Daniel