[rfu-automation] Re: [RFU] Automation question

Gary Cziko g-cziko at uiuc.edu
Sun Nov 18 10:18:11 CST 2007

Mike:

I already told Andrew I could help with this.

I guess I should have copied my response to the automation list.

--Gary

On Nov 18, 2007 10:12 AM, Mike Lehman <rebelmike at earthlink.net> wrote:

> Andrew,
> There probably is a way to do this. I don't know if anyone's from
> Automation (most likely Gary or Ray) is around, onlist or in person, to
> help with this, though.
> Mike Lehman
>
> Andrew Ó Baoill wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > A Critical Ear is scheduled to air next Thursday at 6pm. As my partner
> > Bob Naiman is out of town, we're planning to pre-record our show the
> > day before for broadcast on Thursday. When I've done this previously,
> > I've come into studio on Thursday and baby-sat the CD.
> >
> > I wonder, however, if it would be possible to load my audio file into
> > the automation system and schedule it to air at 6pm on Thursday?
> > Particularly given the day that's in it, it would be very helpful. If
> > anyone knows if it can be done - and what I would need to do to line
> > it up - please let me know.
> >
> > Andrew
> > --
> > Andrew Ó Baoill
> > - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
> -
> > Inst. of Communications Research, U. of Illinois
> > Communications / Participatory media / Political action
> > - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
> -
> > andrew at funferal.org / baoillo at uiuc.edu
> > aim: funferal at mac.com
> > +353-87-241-7003 / +1-(217) 384-3142
> > http://funferal.org / Galway, Ireland / Urbana, IL, USA

"I can't understand why people are afraid of new ideas. I'm afraid of old
ideas." - John Cage
Gary Cziko
Professor
Educational Psychology & English as an International Language
University of Illinois
1310 S. Sixth Street
210F Education Building
Champaign, IL 61820-6990
USA

Telephone +1-217-333-8527
Fax: +1-217-244-7620
e-mail: g-cziko at uiuc.edu
Web: http://garycziko.net
Skype: garyjazz (http://www.skype.com)
Google Talk: gcziko
Amateur Radio: N9MJZ

Founder, Station Manager, Program Director, Chief Engineer and Announcer
The Latino Radio Service of La Casa Cultural Latina
1660 AM on the Urbana-Champaign campus of the University of Illinois
(http://latinoradioservice.org)

Founder and Major Contributor
ATALL Wikibook for
Autonomous Technology-Assisted Language Learning
(http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/ATALL)