[rfu-automation] Fwd: [Stubblefield] Radio Notes, Getting Record Service

Andrew Ó Baoill andrew at funferal.org
Wed Aug 27 11:52:20 CDT 2008

Hi all,

The forwarded mail (below), and the attached documents, may be useful
in any work to build up the WRFU music library. I think this falls
most directly under the Automation group, and I hope building our
library might be one of the projects taken on by the group in the
coming months (along with improving our process for dealing with PSAs).

Two issues we're going to have to grapple with as we build our library:
* Physical space for CDs and other media - this is already a concern,
given the large number of CDs received from WEFT. We're temporarily
storing many in the ramp area, but this isn't a long-term solution.
* An effective cataloguing system, so that volunteers can readily
identify what we have available. This could be linked to a
digitization process, where CDs are made available on our
fileserver(s) - it may be useful to work with our tech group on a long-
term solution here, so we limit the risk of losing our entire library
if a hard drive fails (something that happened to me some years ago).

Andrew

Begin forwarded message: