[rfu-automation] Automation help needed

Gary Cziko g-cziko at uiuc.edu
Thu Jan 24 06:21:58 CST 2008

All:

As I announced at the last WRFU general meeting, I will be spending February
through July 2008 in South America and will not be able to keep as close a
watch on the automation system for WRFU as I have been doing since the the
beginning of the station.

So this would be a good time to get more people involved in helping to
monitor the automation system and to make sure that it continues to run
smoothly providing music and information programming for our listeners when
we do not have live shows scheduled.

Checking the automation system and restarting ZaraRadio (our automation
program) should it go down is not very complicated and can be easily done by
anyone familiar with Windows and having more people who can do this would in
itself be helpful. Gaining basic familiarity with the automation system
would also allow you to work on additional aspects of the automation, such
as adding new music and programming and setting up remote broadcasts via the
Internet. It is also possible to gain remote access to the system so that
you can work on the automation system from any computer on the Internet.

Let me know if you are interested in learning these skills and helping out.
If you are, send an e-mail directly to me letting me know what times you are
available this weekend and Monday (January 26, 27 and 28) anytime during the
day or evening.

Thanks.

Automatically yours,
Gary