[rfu-automation] Public affairs block update

Andrew Ó Baoill andrew at funferal.org
Mon Mar 31 17:50:33 CDT 2008

I've cleaned up the public affairs block, adding in some extra
content I found out about at NFCB, particularly content from the Drug
Truth Network. I also talked with the very nice people from Mary
Knoll, who now have a podcast, but they currently publish their show
in two parts, so we need to figure another way to get it into our
schedule.

Here's the public affairs block at present:

4-4:30 M-F: Progressive point of view, UN radio news, 4-20 (from Drug
Truth Network), Mumia commentaries
4-4:30 Sa/Su: Progressive point of view, Mumia, UN Radio news, Media
Minutes

4:30-5: M War News Radio; T Media Geek; W Corporate Watchdog; Th The
Progressive; F Making Contact; Sa Corporate Watchdog; Su War News Radio

5-6pm: M Century of Lies, Cultural Baggage; T Media Matters; W
Deconstructing Dinner; Th Rustbelt Radio; F New Internationalist
Radio; Sa Media Matters; Su Deconstructing Dinner

6-6-:30: As per 4-4:30

6:30-7 (M-Su): Radio France Internationale, DN! en espanol; Deutsche
Welle;

7-8: M-F as per 5-6; Sa Rustbelt Radio; Su New Internationalist Radio

****
I'm hoping to continue to add new content, particularly Maryknoll's
Voices of Our World and repeats of any podcast WRFU public affairs
content. Of course, this material only airs when no live programming
is going out, so we aren't necessarily reliably carrying the shows.

I'm also looking at ways to add various podcasts to our website - for
each show we carry as well as by topic, etc. This would have very
little impact on us, as the files would continue to be hosted by the
publishers, but would add value to our site.

Andrew Ó Baoill
Station Manager
WRFU-LP, Urbana 104.5FM
http://www.wrfu.net andrew at funferal.org