[rfu-automation] Fwd: [Stubblefield] Automation Systems for Radio Stations

Gary Cziko g-cziko at illinois.edu
Tue Oct 7 13:52:58 CDT 2008

All:

REC ran Zara a couple of years ago for our W0KIE West feed.  While it worked
> fairly well, we did experience problems with internet streams where if the
> stream was to drop and then buffer back, we would not get any audio until
> the next event.  We had periods of over 30 minutes of dead air because of
> it.
>
> From my experience of using ZaraRadio on WRFU and the Latino Radio Service,
I have never noticed this problem. ZaraRadio on WRFU is set up to go to the
music playlist if it is supposed to play an Internet source (either archived
or live) that it cannot find. I'd like to know if anyone else has ever
noticed the dead air problem with ZaraRadio (and I don't mean when an radio
host forgets to put the automation back on the air).

--Gary