[rfu-automation] Unity March PSA

Andrew Ó Baoill andrew at funferal.org
Thu Sep 25 13:05:35 CDT 2008

Earlier this week I removed the Unity March PSA from the 'Current
PSAs' directory, thus removing it from regular rotation.

The reason is that, on listening to the PSA, I determined that some of
the wording used might cause difficulty under FCC and 501 c (3)
regulations. In particular, the PSA included text calling explicitly
for a YES vote in the Township referendum. In addition, there were a
number of directive statements that might be interpreted as 'calls to
action'.

I consulted with a number of experienced community radio and IMC
activists, who largely agreed with my concerns. I also communicated
directly with the CUCPJ members who had prepared and submitted the
PSA. They will be recording a new version of the PSA soon, and we will
be putting it back in automation rotation as soon as I receive it.

Andrew