[rfu-automation] Automation Update, Pt 2 - 12 Feb 2009

Joe Futrelle futrelle at shout.net
Thu Feb 12 17:00:00 CST 2009

I am a longtime local musician and I have over 200 tracks of original stuff
dating back to about 1986. I have been shy about adding it because I don't
want to dominate the playlist. But if we're desperate for local music that's
been screened for profanity, I'll throw in a couple dozen more tracks.

On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 4:53 PM, Stephen Fonzo <fonzo.stephen at gmail.com>wrote:

> These manual changes to the Music Library - to ensure that only local and
> clean music will be playing in Zara - mean that the playlist is now even
> shorter than before, with less variety.  It is saved with the date in the
> name, and I have deleted the old, unedited playlists.
>
> If this is making members or listeners want to add music, please remind
> yourselves and others to do so correctly (checking for profanity and
> labeling with (local) and [clean] so we don't have to start over like this
> again.
>
> Let's use this as an opportunity to really develop the local music
> collection on air; we are the only station in town that has even attempted
> to do this, and it would be good if we could follow through to completion.
>
> --
> Stephen Fonzo
> Media Training Advisor
> AmeriCorps CTC VISTA
> Urbana-Champaign Independent Media Center

Joe Futrelle
Person