[rfu-automation] Homelessness marathon

Andrew Ó Baoill andrew at funferal.org
Sun Feb 22 12:40:06 CST 2009

I've added the Homelessness marathon webfeed to the Zara system for
Monday night through to Tuesday morning.

To make sure that existing events don't interfere with the feed, I've
done some things:
- I changed the 'start date' for WRN (usually 4-7am daily) to
Wednesday 25th. Thus, tonight there will be no WRN, and the following
day we will have the marathon. If anyone has time they can add events
specifically for tonight (copy and paste the existing events, and
change their dates to be 'tonight only'). I wanted a quick fix, so
figured losing tonight was OK.
- I've changed all the regular PSA/show ad/etc events that usually run
hourly (except 2-8pm) to start at some point on Tuesday. That means no
PSAs, other than the Community Shares and Legal ID at the top of the
hour, between now and Tuesday morning. Again, anyone who wants to
create events for today and tomorrow can do so - just make sure the
expiration date is before 6pm on Monday night.

I've noticed some things that need to be fixed:
- In looking at our log, I'm seeing errors for WRN - something about
file format and/or URL is leading to that programming not airing. Can
someone look into fixing this - perhaps sourcing *new* URLs we should
use to air that content.

Andrew