[rfu-automation] Fwd: song with profanity

Joe Futrelle futrelle at shout.net
Tue Jan 27 13:46:26 CST 2009

Raymond, I certainly was not arguing against pulling the song!

I just want people to realize we can't make these judgments solely on a list
of words, because that's not how the FCC does it:

"The FCC has never maintained a specific list of words prohibited from the
airways during this time period, but it has maintained general guidelines
regarding obscenities."
http://www.fcc.gov/eb/Orders/2001/fcc01090.html
cited in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_dirty_words

--