[rfu-automation] Re: Feedback and Questions

Andrew Ó Baoill andrew at funferal.org
Fri Jun 5 15:12:43 CDT 2009

Carol,

When you say you tried for the shows on Wednesday afternoon, do you
mean they didn't air on 104.5FM at those times? Our public affairs
shows are aired using our automation system, so sometimes the podcast
doesn't properly download them and music is aired instead. We'll check
whether our log shows these shows as having aired or not, and try to
correct any problems for next week's editions.

Sea Change Radio is scheduled at 4:30pm on Wednesday, and also as part
of Progressive Personal Finance between 8 and 9am on Friday mornings.

The office next to the Studio houses IMC staff who work on various
projects, but not directly on WRFU programming, so they may not have
been in a position to answer your questions. However, I'm happy to try
to address any additional questions you have.

The phone number on our website is for the studio number - it is only
answered when there is someone in studio, not when we are operating in
automated mode.

The list of 'users' and 'guests' on the website is a count of how many
different individuals have accessed the website in the recent past. If
someone with an account on the site (typically a WRFU volunteer)
accesses the site while logged in, it is counted as a 'user', and
every other access is counted as a 'guest.' This has no direct
connection to IRC. WRFU does not currently offer a web-stream, or any
other way to access our broadcasts online.

I hope this answers your questions.

Andrew

Andrew Ó Baoill
WRFU Station Manager