[rfu-automation] PSA for upcoming events next week

Raymond Morales rmorales02 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 14:48:21 CST 2009

I am not sure how to format this one for PSA. Let me know if this works and
if it can be added to our automation system since the events are next week.

-Ray

I-SHAG is being coordinated by Campus National Organization of Women, Feminist
Majority Leadership Alliance, LGBT Resource Center, Illini Hillel, Men
Against Sexual Violence, Sexual Health Peers, UIUC Women’s Resources Center and
many others! It is an effort to promote healthy positive sexuality on
campus. Below is a list of events to announce along with a point of contact
below.

*Kim Rice, MSW, CSC, CSE*
Sexual Health Educator
McKinley Health Center
1109 S. Lincoln Avenue
Urbana, IL 61801
(217) 333-2714
www.mckinley.uiuc.edu

*Sunday, March 8th*

*6:30 pm** Safer Sex Workshop* *for L**3* (Ladies Loving Ladies)  LGBT
Resource Center, 323 Union

*Monday, March 9th*

*8:30am-5pm** Ancient Choices Art Exhibit* by Heather Ault. Remembering the
Reproductive Choices of our Ancestors.             Women’s Resources Center
703 S. Wright St.

*6-8pm** I-SHAG at the Sweet Spot* with the Sexual Health Peers- Stop by to
receive sexual health information.                              Wellness
Center at the ARC

*8pm** PRIDE General Meeting* RSO serving the LGBT community and its allies.
*  *LGBT Resources Center 323 Union

*8pm** Savage Love LIVE!* With Dan Savage Illini Rooms A & B Sponsored by
IUB and LGBT Resource Center

* *

*Tuesday, March 10th*

*8:30am-5pm** Ancient Choices Art Exhibit* by Heather Ault. Remembering the
Reproductive Choices of our Ancestors.             Women’s Resources Center
703 S. Wright St.

*10am-3pm** Sex Out Loud* sponsored by Feminist Majority Illini Union, Room

*6:30pm-9pm** Rainbow Coffeehouse*. A weekly gathering place for
socializing, studying, relaxing or hanging out in a queer-friendly
environment. Sponsored by LGBT Resource Center. Etc. Coffeehouse at the
Wesley Foundation,  Southwest  Corner of Green & Goodwin

*8pm Sexuality & Spirituality Panel*, sponsored by the Sexual Health Peers
319 Gregory Hall

*8pm** Birth Control Workshop**  *at Pennsylvania Avenue Residence Halls.*
*Presented by the Sexual Health Peers

*9:15 **Q*: Allen Hall’s discussion & support group for lesbian, gay,
bisexual, transgender, queer students and their allies.  Allen Hall
Conference Room

*Wednesday, March 11th*

*8:30am-5pm** Ancient Choices Art Exhibit* by Heather Ault. Remembering the
Reproductive Choices of our Ancestors. Women’s Resources Center 703 S.
Wright St.

*4pm** Headscarves and Hotpants*: Debating Gender Equality, Secularism and
Religious Freedoms in the “New Europe”      International Studies Bldg. Rm
101

*7pm** The Price of Pleasure*: pornography, sexuality & relationships. Film
screening & discussion by the Women’s Resources Center & Men Against Sexual
Violence 112 Gregory Hall

*7pm** **Coming** **Out** **Support** **Group*  LGBT Resources Center 323
Union* *

*9pm** Student Senate Condom Crawl*, Green St.

*                                                                 **Thursday,
March 12th*

*8:30am-5pm** Ancient Choices Art Exhibit* by Heather Ault. Remembering the
Reproductive Choices of our Ancestors. Women’s Resources Center 703 S.
Wright St.

*6-8pm**  I-SHAG at the Sweet Spot* with the Sexual Health Peers Stop by to
receive sexual health information.                            Wellness
Center at the ARC

*6:00 pm** I-SHAG for U and I* Benefit Concert at the Canopy, Sponsored by
the Sexual Health Peers

*6:30 pm** Color of Pride*  Safe, friendly environment for LGBT students of
color to share, listen and express themselves.  LGBT Resources Office 323
Illini Union

*7pm** What’s Hot? What’s Not?*   Safer-Sex program presented by the Sexual
Health Peers @  Illini Hillel

*7pm** IUB Drag Show* Illini Rooms, Illini Union    Sponsored by IUB

* *

*Friday, March 13th*

*8:30am-5pm** Ancient Choices Art Exhibit* by Heather Ault. Remembering the
Reproductive Choices of our Ancestors. Women’s Resources Center 703 S.
Wright St.

*7pm** Period Party! * Ikenberry Commons

*Relay For Life*, University of Illinois Armory