[rfu-membership] rfu show request.

Ken Urban kurban at parkland.edu
Fri Dec 8 21:06:50 CST 2006

Hi Henry,

Welcome to WRFU!  Sorry we took so long to get to your application,
(new website, sunspots, blah, blah).   I hope you're still interested.

At WRFU, we use the idea of programming groups, not individuals, so
there will ususally be someone to cover the show. (I mention this
because you only included one name)

Also, we've gotten our schedule to reflect what is actually going on,
so you can choose some times.

Additionally could you explain 'Whenever there are home games'?  The
way we do schedules is a programming group is given a weekly time slot
and then has control over that time slot.  If someone wants to broadcast
during someone else's time slot, they have to get permission from the
group that runs that time slot.  (I suppose a membership vote at a
membership meeting could also do it too)

Please feel free to ask questions.  The best place to send any
questions would be to the membership working group
rfu-membership at lists.chambana.net or even the main list at
rfu at lists.chambana.net. (or even back to me)

Ken

submitted by Anonymous on Thu, 2006-11-30 02:02
Show Name: Illinois Women Soccer
Please enter each members name, email, and phone number on seperate
lines.: Henry Zapata hzapata2 at uiuc.edu 847-204-9429
What is the status of your proposal?: Proposed programming group
How much time are you seeking for this proposal?: 2hr
: bi-weekly
What are your preferred time slots?: Whenever there are home games
Are any group members currently involved with other media outlets?:
yes
If yes, please elaborate: Illini Productions
Do you plan to use languages other than English on the air?: no
How many members of the proposing group identify as male?: 1
How many members of the proposing group identify as Latino/a?: 1

Ken Urban
Assoc. Prof., Computer Science
Parkland College

Office: B129A