[rfu-membership] Membership/Scheduling/Training Group Meeting Minutes

Ken Urban kurban at parkland.edu
Sun Apr 1 22:34:24 CDT 2007

WRFU Membership/Training and Scheduling Work Group

Date: April 1, 2007, 5PM or so

Present: Dan, Nick, Noel, Ken, Sean, Ben, Tammy

Dan suggest we put in place a review of new programs to help recent starts with their shows.

It was suggested that we use occasional Saturday evenings (when not similcasting) to have amateur nights or training upgrades or equipment help.

Instructions should be placed on new equipment (This belongs to the tech group)

We discussed the process of both training and of becoming a trainer.

It was mentioned that all correspondence should be cc'ed to the rfu-membership group.  You can sign up to the rfu-membership at
 http://lists.chambana.net/cgi-bin/listinfo/rfu-membership

Actions:
======

We agreed that the membership/training workgroup should begin to approve all people who do the training, that all people who do training should be members of the membership/training workgroup.

We agreed that the membership/training workgroup should listen to new shows (via the archives, or live) and help with technical problems.

We agreed that a meeting with the membership/training workgroup and a new show would be a good thing, and would help new shows get more involved in station business.

We did not agree on whether or not a meeting should be manditory, and would like membership input as to what incentives there should be.

Goals for next meeting:
=================

- to find/revise/consider a checklist of things to go over in training, we will do this over email.
- to update the Airshifter handbook, we will do this over email.
- Dan will make an audio path diagram.

Next meeting will be 5pm, April 15th.

We will try to meet in the library, failing that we will move to the production room, and failing that, we'll move to the studio.  I'll leave a note on the production room door.

In general, we'll meet at 5pm on the Sundays before a membership meeting.

-Ken

PS Let me know if there's stuff I missed or got wrong.

Ken Urban
Assoc. Prof., Computer Science
Parkland College

Office: B129A