[rfu-membership] Re: [RFU] unscheduled shows

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 28 15:22:41 CDT 2007

Hi Noel,
The original intent was that no person should have more than 4 hours a week in reserved time slots.
You can be a member of multiple shows, i.e. you are not restricted from participating in more than
4 hours of shows a week, but in terms of
of qualifying any show for air time, you could only be listed as one of the two required group
members for each programming group for a total of 4 hours of programming.

In the past, I don't think we've handed out regular shows that were longer two hours. This is something
that we can be flexible on, though, as it's a practice, not a policy.

Sorry I didn't answer this earlier. I've not been subscribed to the list, but should be now.
Mike Lehman

[snip] Mike Lehman wrote:
>/ This adds up to five hours though. I'm hesitant about approving this
/>/  without input from others, due to the 4 hour rule. Mike Lehman
/
I'm probably wrong on this, but I thought that the 4-hour rule applied
for individuals, not programming groups. If this is not the case, I
would recommend something like the following:

Each individual airshifter can have two hours of radio time, but airtime
is doled out per working group. There must be 2 or more airshifters per
programming group; therefore, each programming group has at least 4
hours. This way, airshifters who work on more than one show are able to.

I'm not sure if this would follow the original intent of the 4-hour
rule. Can someone elaborate the intent?

Thanks. - Noel