[rfu-membership] Geek Rock (new show)

Ken Urban KUrban at parkland.edu
Fri Aug 10 07:52:00 CDT 2007

Emila,

Thanks for proposing a show on WRFU!

(There is a previous proposal for the 6-7 slot on Sundays, but none for the other slots.)

I've cc'ed Nick (ghostdance49 at gmail.com) and Dan (dan.blah at gmail.com) on this email.  You should confirm the training date and let me know when you've been trained and paid, Then I can schedule your show.  (It sounds like fun!)  I don't think Noel is back in town yet.

If you have any questions or need help, please don't hesitate to send me an email!

Ken

Ken Urban
Assoc. Prof., Computer Science
Parkland College

Office: B129A
           (217)-353-2246

>>> <wrfu.net.no-reply at wrfu.net> 8/9/2007 10:42 PM >>>
Show Name : Geek Rock

Show Description : We're fans of things, and we're fans of fandoms.
On Geek Rock, we'd like to do themed shows featuring the music of fandoms. Our original idea was to do a show about the hundreds of Harry Potter-themed bands (Wizard Rock), but the list can go on and on.

A Pirate Rock episode will feature music from and inspired by Pirates of the Carribean, Peter Pan, and Hook. Vampire Rock may include bands that play on Buffy, Comic Book Rock will be superhero songs, and so forth. We'll talk a little about the corresponding fandoms between songs.

There are as many possible shows as there are fandoms, and surely plenty of geeks in C-U, so we will do our best to create a rocking experience.

Show Genre : various musical genres including pop, rock, classical, folk,etc!

Your WRFU.net Username : emilia

Your Real Name : Emilia Garvey

Your Email Address : egarvey2 at uiuc.edu

2nd Cohost WRFU.net Username : Magic

2nd Cohost Real Name : Madeleine Garvey

2nd Cohost Email Address : egarvey2 at uiuc.edu

What is the status of your proposal? : Proposed programming group

How much time are you seeking for this proposal? : 1hr

How Often? : weekly

What are your preferred time slots? : Sun 6pm-7pm, Mon 6pm-7pm, Thurs 8pm-9pm, Sat 3pm-4pm

Working Group : Membership and Training

Training Request : 6-7PM Friday's with Noel;9-11AM Saturday's with Ghost;7-10PM Sunday's with Blah

Are any group members currently involved with other media outlets? : no

Do you plan to use languages other than English on the air? : no

How many members of the proposing group identify as female? : 2

-----
Submitted by emilia (http://www.wrfu.net/user/65) on Thu, 2007-08-09 21:42