[rfu-membership] Next Meeting?

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 21 22:44:10 CDT 2007

Hi Noel,
In the past, the Membership group met on the Sunday afternoon before the
next general RFU meeting. However, we should confirm what is best for
everyone.

I'd like those of you who've expressed an interest in helping the
station get better organized to work with Ken Urban, also. Ken's been
maintaining the schedule and helping get people onboard.

We also want to figure out some of the other issues that need addressed
to have RFU operating like it was meant to. One issue is to start
following up on lack of enforcement of the meeting attendance
obligation. People who have shows should maintain contact and be
expected to make at least a minimum contribution to helping the station
out by spreading the work around. Too few people have been doing this.
It affects such things as fundraising (what fundraising, one might
ask!), keeping our equipment in repair, adding new material to the
automation system, training, etc.

Some of the new members are interested in helping with issues like
these, also. We need to recruit them to accomplish specific tasks to
help them get involved, just like we need to do with many of the older
members.

There is also the task of identifying or recruiting someone to succeed
me as station manager. Whoever it is needs to have more help than I
often have had. I've always wished I had more time to take care of many
things for RFU, but I'd always hoped that more people would want to take
tasks away from me. The next station manager should have you all as a
support team, since they'll need that.

Besides fundraising for it, which is the job of the RFU-Finance group,
we also need to start the work of getting the paperwork and permits
needed for the new tower.

I can help with all of this stuff, but it's mainly to give you all
advice. My first bit of advice is to try to pick a time when most of us
can meet for the immediate future, at least every other week. I'm pretty
flexible, but most others probably have some day and time that is best
(or better) for each of you. Please start by proposing a day and time to
meet that works for each of you, then we'll coordinate picking that for
us to meet.
Mike Lehman