[rfu-membership] General, Tech, Scheduling, Membership meeting notes...

dan blah dan.blah at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 23:00:56 CST 2007

Hey All,
Thanks to everyone who made it out tonight.  Below are the notes from
the three meetings tonight.  Please reply back with any discrepancies
or missing items.

MEMBERSHIP/TRAINING/SCHEDULING NOTES
Membership/Training responsibilities
* Handles first line of communication with new show proposals
* Accepts dues from new and old members
* Works with members to complete and define training requirements
* Upkeep of the membership database
* Keeping communication with the scheduling group
-updated on the wiki

Scheduling responsibilities
* Accepts scheduling requests and change requests
* Maintains scheduling database
* Checks and verifies existing and active programing group compliance
-updated on wiki

Todos
*Set web based database for membership/training

TECH/AUTOMATION NOTES
*100' tower will cost $10K.  There is a November deadline per an
agreement with the City of having the tower removed from the building.
*Mic 2 issue - Joe is going to check it out during his show tonight.
*CD deck 1 - left/right channel is bugging out, will get checked out
tonight as well
*Streaming server kaput is down - Joe is going to donate an Athlon
1.4Ghz to replace it.
*We use to much bandwidth and need to raise money to pay for
bandwidth.  We currently use ~200Kb upload 24/7 plus any in studio
computer traffic
*Local music can be mailed to our address (Attn: WRFU 202 S Broadway
#112, Urbana IL 61801) or dropped into the Local Music box in front of
the studio door.  Dan will check it periodically and add it to our cd
library.
*PSA CDs can be sent to WRFU Attn: AUTOMATION 202 S Broadway #112,
Urbana IL 61801, also sending confirmation to rfu-automation at wrfu.net
or else send compressed digital audio to rfu-automation at wrfu.net
*As soon as Dan gets simulcast information from IMCsters in Africa it
will get passed to Gary to be added into the automation system.

GENERAL MEETING NOTES
Rev. Z. update
*He is reported to be doing a lot better but still very week and will
most likely requiring rehabilitation and further surgery.
*For those who don't know he was our primary membership/training member.
*Anyone willing to work with membership/training contact send email to
rfu-membership at lists.wrfu.net
*As he is self employed and not able to work, if anyone is able to
help please visit a Main St. Bank and Trust and donate under the name
Teela Bogan FBO (For the Benefit Of) Zernal Bogan.
*You can also visit Rev. Z. at Covenant in room 4436 between 8AM to 8PM.

New Shows
*Sisters on Air is now on Fridays @ 11PM

Streaming license update from Ray:
*We have the option to pay fees ($861 already approved) or sign up for
a service that allows us to not pay.  Ray is going to send more
information to the list.

Fundraising Needs
*Tower campaign
*Streaming bandwidth cost
*Chris Span as volunteered to write/finalize a letter to send out.  We
can use the IMC mailing list which is ~700 emails and ~400 snail mail
addresses.
*We can create a special page on the website with a custom donation button.
*Ray has volunteered to create a PSA based of the letter.
Underwriting, Underwriting, Underwriting...
*Manageing underwriting has been assigned to finance/fundraising group.
*Dan will come up with a meeting time for the next finance/fundraising group.
*We can print more T-Shirts give away for a set donation amount.
*Time needs to be spent coming with a good event strategy.

In the news
*Friday the 19th in the News Gazette there will be a article about
WRFU and one of its shows, Daughters of Eve.

--
Daniel